Here's a look at the state of my current WIPs.
This is a top-down v-neck cardigan with cables starting about 3" past the underarm and planned to go all the way down to the bottom. I used Stefanie Japel's Fitted Knits to get an idea of how many stitches to cast on and how many increases to do given the gauge I got, knowing that I wanted it to be about 33.5" around before the button band. It's knit with Debbie Bliss Cathay in color 09. It's a nice shade of pink - not too bright. I plan on doing the sleeves similarly, maybe with a flared sleeve where the cables start.
Next up is Sahara. Ahh, Sahara. So freakin' close!! I'm not sure how I screwed this up, but I ran out of yarn. Luckily, I discovered that WEBS carries the Jaegar Roma on sale, so I've already ordered more. I can't figure out what went wrong here. I am making this version much shorter than the pattern calls for. The pattern says I needed 523 yards for the short sleeve version, and I had more than that. Oh well.
And, I cast on for the Swan Lake Cardigan from the Spring Interweave. This doesn't seem to be one of the popular patterns from this issue (like Cable Down Raglan), but I like it because it's different and the construction is a challenge. The chart on this looks super intimidating, but once I got the leaves started, I realized I just need to keep track of them - the rest is just filling is some reverse stockinette. I'm using Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Banana, my first project with this yarn. I've joined the Interweave KAL. I also want to join the Sexy Knitters, but they've moved over to typepad, so I hope I can join. They're doing Sahara now!