Thank you all for your lovely comments on the Leafy Lace Cardi. I've worn it twice so far and love it!
The knitting for the Cloud Bolero is done. It's drying right now, and all it needs are buttons sewn on and ends woven in. Here's a sneak peek:
Claudia recently tagged me to fill out this meme. It's a fun one, so if you're interested in knowing more about me, here goes.
1) What was I doing 10 years ago? I had just returned home to my parents' house after my freshman year of college. I spent the summer working at Talbots, where I had started working three years earlier in 1995. I was finally allowed to ring customers on the register, but my main job was to fold sweaters, clean up the fitting rooms, re-stock the shelves and answer phones. I learned a lot about what a mix of nice and not-so-nice shoppers are out there!
2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today? Besides work-related stuff: 1) Go to the gym, 2) Go to the grocery store (may not happen), 3) Watch 2 more episodes of 'The Wire' from Netflix, 4) Upload pictures from my vacation last year to be printed out, 5) Clean my bathroom.
3) Snacks I enjoy: Little cheese square crackers from Trader Joe's, cashews, any kind of cheese, peanut butter cookies, snowballs with marshmallow from my favorite local snowball stand.
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire: Buy Bill a new car, pay off our house, pay off my parents' and in-laws' houses, take a few extravagant vacations, and donate a good chunk to two causes important to me: cancer research and animal welfare. I've always been a supporter of adopting pets instead of purchasing them. If you missed Oprah's eye-opening episode on puppy mills, try and catch it in a rebroadcast and see why.
5) Places I have lived: I was born and raised in Baltimore, MD; During my college years, I spent time living in Boston, MA, Villanova, PA, and London, England. I am now back in Baltimore.
6) Jobs I have had: I told you about Talbots; I also spent a summer selling Cutco knives, and another summer as a temp at Blue Cross Insurance. Once I was in graduate school, I worked as a tutor and statistical consultant before I started my "real" job as a biostatistician five years ago.
7) Bloggers I am tagging who you will enjoy getting to know better: The meme has been around for a while, so if you'd like to participate, consider yourself tagged!