Monday, August 14, 2006

Pink and purple goodness

I can't believe it's been over 2 weeks since my last post. I'm slacking! At the end of July, I took a week off from work and Bill & I went to the beach with my parents. We stayed with my dad's friend in Rehoboth Beach, DE during the massive heat wave. We had a nice time despite the uncomfortable weather, and the best news is that I discovered a LYS in Rehoboth. It's called Knitty Gritty. We passed by one evening when they were closed, but I peered in the window and saw a TON of Cascade 220 yarn. I've been extremely undecided about what color Cascade to get for Forecast because the color of the yarn looks different on every website I visit. So, the last day at the beach, I stopped into Knitty Gritty after lunch and picked up some Cascade Tweed in a lovely deep purple. I was tempted to get the tweed in a bright bubble-gummy pink, but I will knit everything pink if I don't discipline myself. This is a color that I don't have any winter sweaters in, and it will look great with jeans or black/grey pants for work.
In other knitting news, Orangina is blocking right now and will have a finished post this week. I started the Prosperous Plum Tank over the weekend. I'm using some Rowan handknit DK in, what else, Sugar (pink) that I scored off of eBay. I can't think of a fruit that's pink colored, but since the color yarn I'm using is called Sugar, I'll call this my Prosperous Sugar-Plum Tank. I like it.
Lastly, Bill and his law partner were featured all over the local news last week for a popular case they are handling. Here's a link to the article that followed in the Baltimore Sun. He really enjoyed the few minutes of local fame!

2 comments:

  1. We were on Fenwick Island the same week. Yikes it was hot- still lots of fun, though. Even walked by Knitty Gritty, only after hours (on the way to the Brewery). Next time we are there, I'll stop by during business hours. The purple is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should start a new blog for UFO swaps - hopefully word would spread enough that one would be able to find a swap partner easily. I'll let you know if I do it!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.